All Mississippi resident and non-resident licensed surplus lines producers are mandated as members of the Mississippi Surplus Lines Association by the Commissioner of Insurance.


A current list of all licensed Mississippi surplus lines producers can be viewed by downloading a list at the Mississippi Department of Insurance website at


Each member must register with MSLA using the Producer/Agency Registration Form. This form can be found on MSLA’s website under Publications.

Producer Licensing:
MSLA does not handle producer licensing.

To apply/renew your Mississippi surplus lines license, go to:

Transferring Files:
If you are an agency’s designated surplus lines Reporting Producer, you are responsible for notifying MSLA, in writing, if upon your departure, your responsibilities for the surplus lines filings of that agency have been relinquished. MSLA will also need to be notified of an agency’s acquisition.

MSLA must receive a written, formal request to transfer policy data that has been reported in SLIP under one producer’s surplus lines license to another. The letter should include the details of the transference, such as which files to transfer, the name and surplus lines license number of the appointed producer, and the new producer of record’s letter accepting your files.